Trinity Episcopal Church is 245 years old (2016), producing a long journey of faith that its people are taking together to fulfill our mission for God.

The original church - "Old" Trinity - is the oldest standing Episcopal church in Connecticut and is three miles northeast of Brooklyn Center on Church Street. It was built after the established Congregational Society in town voted February 1770 to build a new meetinghouse. The town assessment for landowners resulted in Godfrey Malbone, Jr. (who with his brother John owned over 3,000 acres) obtaining permission from the colony's Assembly to build a church of his own Anglican denomination. Before the new meetinghouse was usable, per the agreement with the colony, Trinity Church was opened - April 12, 1771. The first permanent priest was the Rev. Daniel Fogg whose tenure spanned 43 years.

The building plan had the approbation of Peter Harrison, the first architect of this country. "Old" Trinity resembles Touro Synagogue in Newport, RI where the Malbone family originally lived, worshipping at Trinity Church, Newport. It is an exceptionally fine example of colonial ecclesiastical architecture. Used for special services, it sits in the midst of our burying ground. "Old" Trinity is open for visitors, too, with open houses and appointments.

In the mid-nineteenth century, as textile manufacturing grew in the area, Brooklyn developed from a rural village into a thriving town. With the leadership of the Rev. Riverius Camp, most of the congregation moved in 1866 to "New" Trinity, a stone Gothic Revival church right in the more populous town center. (A Vestry member left to be instrumental in the founding of St. Alban's Episcopal Church in neighboring Danielson.) The handsome structure and its Parish House are the places of most services and celebrations through the year. Local organizations, such as AA, Girl Scouts, and the Brooklyn Historical Society meet here regularly. Our church's red doors, a tradition in Episcopal churches, symbolize a place of refuge and healing for all!